THE KING JAMES BIBLE TRUST
400 years since the creation of the book that changed the world - The King James Bible
King James Bible Trust
The aim was to celebrate its impact in history and on language, particularly in this country, but also throughout the English speaking world.
The Trust was hard at work developing projects which will include:
- Commissioning new music and literature.
- Study days in some cities following James's route from Scotland to London, focusing on the translation story.
- Lectures at Oxford and Cambridge, where the translators worked....
- Developing educational school projects.
- Publishing new texts.
- Discussions about similar values in the texts of the world's major religions.
- Major exhibitions in London and around the country where the translations were made.
- Street culture projects.
The King James Bible Trust was established to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible which was completed in 1611. There have been few more important single publications and its impact through history has been colossal.
Please note: This website is not run by the King James Bible Trust.